Tuesday, March 31, 2009

34 Weeks Down...6 Weeks (or Less) to Go!

Brandon and I went to my 34 week appointment today. It was, for the most part, uneventful. Here are few tidbits from our appointment:

*Dr. Weaver looked at me seriously and said, "how big was your biggest baby?" Ummmm...7 lbs 11 oz." She said, "hmmmm." I responded with, "This one is going to be bigger, isn't it?" She said, "I believe so." Ugh!! Brandon asked how big the baby is right now...she thought around 4 1/2 lbs.

*The baby is still in breech position. Dr. Weaver said there is still plenty of time for him to make the turn. Cross your fingers.

*Dr. Weaver also showed Brandon how to determine the baby's head from it's other body parts and appendages. Interesting stuff. Here's how I have determined where the head has been...hard, round object digging into my rib = the inability to breathe!

*I'm suppose to lay off the salt...my feet were somewhat swollen. I obviously can't hide my stuffed sausage ankles anymore!

*I've gained WAY too much weight! I'd tell ya, but at this point, I'm quite embarrassed with myself!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I love Dr. Weaver.
You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're pregnant..you have an excuse. Enjoy it while you can.