Monday, April 13, 2009

Things Are Brewing...

I went to the doctor this morning for my 36 week check up. The first thing my doctor said when she walked in the room was, "Let's see if this baby is still cockeyed." (Translation...breech). Nope, not anymore. The baby is head down and ready to make his grand appearance (probably in a couple more weeks!). I am 1 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. She is still convinced it's a big baby, so she said, "The sooner...the better."

I spent all day on Friday getting the baby's room ready and marking things off my to-do list. I only have a couple more "baby" things to do before the big day, but I'm in much better shape than I was a few days ago.

So at 36 weeks prego...here are some interesting facts:

*I can still wear my wedding ring. It goes on like a breeze in the morning but getting it off at night...well, let's just say I have to do everything short of cutting it off!

*As for my ankles...still look like stuffed sausages before I go to bed!

*I wake up 3 to 4 times each night to potty. Is this nature's cruel way of preparing one for late night feedings?

*My current craving...DQ Dilly Bars & Golden Graham cereal.

*I really can't bend over anymore so I have perfected getting something I dropped on the floor with my feet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easter pics to come either tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Anonymous said...

Word has it that foot massage can induce labor, so let the foot rubbing commence as soon as the shower is completed :). You would hate to miss your own party!

Becky