Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long Overdue Update

I've not been a very good blogger lately, so there is lots to update you on.
Jordyn tried out for 7th grade girls basketball and made the team. I think she likes it, but she doesn't appreciate all of the running they do in practice. They only have had one game so far and they won that. She got in the game and played fine. We are looking forward to watching her skills grow during this basketball season.
Kye and Camden have become partners in crime. Kye sometimes forgets he is 11 now and not 2 and Camden forgets that he is 2 and not 11. Kye has been a good big brother and lets Camden pal around with him when he goes outside to play. That is actually what they are doing now, as I type this post.
Durham will be 5 months old this month. He is such a good baby. He has been waking up in the middle of the night lately, so I'm not sure what is up with that since he had been sleeping all night long consistently for quite awhile now. Last week, we had a little scare with him. He was laying on the floor taking a cat nap and it appeared to me that he would stop breathing, startle himself, and then resume breathing. This went on for a few minutes. We had him checked out by the doctor and the doctor is confident that he was experiencing something called periodic breathing. It sounds like it is quite normal for babies to experience this, but it still hasn't eased my mind very much. I haven't seen him do it again, so hopefully the scare is behind us.

I had to share this picture. The other night, Brandon and I were sitting here watching TV and he was holding Durham. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Durham peeking over to see what I was doing. He'd give me a big smile each time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note...
My friend, Becky, and I have been following a lot of money saving blogs recently. She started this experiment about a month ago and I had my first taste of it this morning. WalGreens has this thing called "register rewards." Basically, you buy certain items and when you check out, the register will spit out a coupon for $$ off of your next purchase. In turn, you can get LOTS of things for free once you initially get started. So....today was my initial purchase. I bought 2 packages of diapers, conditioner, Chapstick, a toothbrush, some lotion, and a razor. I used a couple of manufacture coupons. My total spent was $44 dollars. I got $22.50 in register rewards. That's $22.50 in FREE stuff. So now, the trick is to use those register rewards to purchase other items that will spit out a register reward. Follow me?? In turn, you can get stuff FREE or ALMOST FREE...after your initial purchase. What a rush!
Follow these 2 money saving blogs because these ladies do the homework...trying to figure out how to get stuff free! Money Saving Madness and My Frugal Adventures (Click on the blog name to take you to the site.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Can't wait to hear more about Jordyn's basketball experience! (I'm with her on that running thing) I think there might be a certain girl's basketball coach in our family that will love to try to make it to one of her games! Kye and Camden getting into trouble - what a shock! They aren't Comincioli boys if they don't get into a little trouble! :) Durham is looking cuter every time you post his picture!

the Provident Woman said...

Look at all that hair. What a cute baby!