Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm A Cheapskate & It Pays!

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a bunch of "frugal mommy" blogs. I tell you what...these ladies take their job seriously and better yet, they do all the homework for you. Basically, these ladies post about current specials, deals, rebates, etc. Since finding these blogs...Becky, one of my really good friends, and I have jumped on the saving money bandwagon and it pays!! For real, I tell you. So in the few short weeks I've been trying to be consumer savvy...here is what I've found.
1 Cent Sharpies at Office Max!! Limit 3. Offer good until 8/8 (Sat.). Oh my goodness!! Click here to print off the coupon and go hog wild!! I'm going shopping with my mom on Saturday and I'm going to take advantage of this coupon.
I stumbled upon a link to the Full Plate Diet site to receive this FREE book. It was free, so I thought what the heck? Got it in the mail the other day and it has lots of useful information on how to lose weight. It has a lot of the same concepts of Weight Watchers....basically a life style change, eat more fiber, etc. Click here to sign up for your free copy.

Wal Mart has a place on their website to sign up for free samples, which often are accompanied by killer coupons. I received a sample of Viva paper towels in the mail today, along with a coupon for $1.00 off a 6 pack.

I love FREE money. Today, in the JcPenney flier that came in the mail, there was a $10 instant coupon...no minimum to spend. You bet your bottom dollar I'll use this one!

And finally...the deal of the century (courtesy of my friend, Becky!)...a Bushnell Weather Forecaster. Follow me here. These little gadgets run you about $100. Wal Mart has these on clearance for $50. There is a $50 rebate you can send in. FREE, FREE, FREE... Better yet, you can buy up to 3 per household. Click here for the rebate form. (Note: I heard Pontiac's Wal Mart was out of them at one time, but just recently some were found...hurry up and pick up a few!)
Here are just a few of the savvy shopper blogs I follow. Click on the name and it should link you to their website...
Happy (Cheapskate) Shopping!

2 comments:

Cari said...

The weather station was a great fine. I am loving mine. And I also received the free paper towel sample from the Walmart website.

Bobbie said...

I'm sure you heard about my weather station troubles. hehe Seems to be worked out though and eagerly anticipating my refund! Still waiting on my book...
Thanks for alerting us all to your great finds Brooke!