Reality and anxiety are setting in that I am returning to work on Monday. I am so thankful for having 3 1/2 awesome months at home with Durham and the other kids. 3 1/2 months seems like a long time, but I really don't know where the time went. When Camden was born, I remember I was a nutcase when I went back to work. Brandon would take him to the sitter each morning and as soon as they left I'd go in the bathroom and cry for a bit, then clean myself up and head to school. This went on for about a month. So far, I'm not feeling like a nutcase (yet!). We'll see how I hold up Monday. I headed over to our sitters yesterday to drop off all of the supplies and know that it'll be fine.
At this point, I'm more stressed out about my actual job. Lots of change for this upcoming year has about sent me over the edge...to the point where I can't sleep! I guess it's because of the unknown...new school, new principal, new grade level, new students, new co-workers... I know I'm nowhere near ready for students to come on Wednesday. The classroom looks ready but that is about it. I know I'll settle in within a short time...it's just getting to the point of my new normal. I liked my old normal though.
Today, Durham is 3 1/2 months old. Here's a quick update...
*Durham sleeps all night. Usually from 11pm-9am.
*I think he's getting close to rolling over but when I see him turning on his side, I tell him he's not old enough to do that yet and put him on his back...he thinks I'm crazy and just smiles at me.
*It's looking like he might be a thumb (or whatever finger he can find) sucker.
*He's found his voice. He babbles/coos/screeches...
*He's starting to laugh. I love little baby laughs because they don't hold back!

No comments:
Post a Comment