Today was my first day back to school. The day got off to a really weird start. I had my alarm set for 5:00 a.m. Way to early...sometimes I've only been asleep for an hour or two by 5:00 a.m.!! Well, I'll be darned...I overslept! By an hour!! For some crazy reason, the alarm became part of my dream and on and on I slept. I finally got up at 6:00. Needless to say, I got ready. Brandon and I then got the two little boys ready and I was out of the house (sort of) on time. I dropped the boys off at the sitters and I did not cry!
The rest of the day was a whirlwind. The opening assembly for staff was...well...interesting. Had some moments of laughter, sarcasm (I love sarcasm...I just wish more people would appreciate it!), and tears. I'm glad I got to hang out with my old Washington School buddies for an hour. I turned into a sobbing mess when it was time to go to my new school. Sorry, guys! Poor Amy, had to push me out the door so I would leave!!
The rest of the day was spent in meetings. Nothing to write home about, I suppose. I ended up having to go back up to school after the little boys went to bed to get some things ready for tomorrow. My new motto for this year is: "One day at a time..."
I spent today wanting to hang on to what isn't...to stay home with the kids, to have my old job back, to be working with the same co-workers (and some awesome friends) that I had for the past however many years.
Tomorrow is a new day. I think tomorrow I'll try to accept the change for what it is. We'll see...one day at a time, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment