Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Born & Baby

Brandon bought me a new camera lens for my birthday and it arrived in the mail today. I like taking pictures and am interested in photography, but to be quite honest, I have very little experience and knowledge. I also like to tinker with the editing side of things and have Photoshop CS4. Thanks to my dad and the Pioneer Woman (and just goofing around on there)...I am SLOWLY learning. So, here are a few pictures I took took today of my oldest & youngest.


Ahhhh...you may remember her. This here is Jordyn. She is rarely photographed because when you whip the camera out, she's outta there! Drives me nuts. She actually doesn't look miserable here! (That's because she really wanted to go outside to play with her friends and told her until I got a decent picture of her it wasn't happening!) I really can't believe she is 12 years old. She is now taller than I am! She also wears a bigger shoe size than me!! When she isn't playing with her friends, she usually has her nose in a book.

I also can't believe that Durham is almost 6 weeks old! He is just starting to smile a little bit. He is sleeping a little bit better. Either that or I am beginning to adjust to 4-5 hours of sleep each night...sometimes more...sometimes less. On the "sometimes less" days, I tend to be a little snarly. I don't mean to be but sometimes I feel like I am running on nothing.
I am feeling much more comfortable taking the kids out by myself. We have developed a system, I suppose. This past weekend, Jordyn, Camden, Durham and I took a road trip to Milwaukee to see Brad, Mindy, & family (miss you guys!! You too, Carrie!). I was expecting to stop at least once to feed/change Durham ,but he slept the whole way to and from so we drove straight through each way.

This little outfit is very special. When I was pregnant, we weren't going to find out what we were having. Well, circumstances changed and we decided that we should. I remember telling the girls at work that after my appointment, I would text message them to let them know what we were having. I remember I dragged the text messages out for 30 minutes. I'd text "We're having a....baby." or "We're having a...boy...or girl." Anyways, I finally told them. The next morning, my co-worker & friend, Amy, brought me this little boy outfit for Durham. That was just the start of preparing for a little baby boy. I still can't believe that he is here...that he is part of our family...that this is our new life.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

Cute pictures Brooke! Jordyn is gorgeous. Look out, you're going to be in trouble in a few years!

What lens did you get?

Brooke said...

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your comment. I know...I'm already in trouble with that girl!

The lens I got is a Canon EF 50mm, f 1.8 II. It's actually a really CHEAP lens (around $100) but the reviews say it is comparable to the more expensive lens. I still have a LOT to learn!!

kimberly said...

That is a good lens. I have the Nikon version of it and practically worn it out! Awesome for low light conditions.

Carrie said...

Love the pics! Especially the one of Jordyn - very good! Miss you guys too! Great seeing everyone Sunday - we need to get together more often!!