How did this basketball...
Mike Krzyzweski...
and Cameron Indoor Stadium...play a part in naming our new little boy?
As many of you know, Brandon is a HUGE Duke basketball fan. During basketball season, we work our schedule around when Duke is playing on TV. He's obsessed...there's nothing more that I can say! Anyhoo, what does this have with naming our 4th child??? When we found out we were expecting, we threw around some baby names. Our girl name (which I love!) was easy to agree on...Emerson Grace (too bad we won't be able to use it...so anyone out there in blog world who likes that name...go for it!) Boy names are ridiculous. We couldn't agree on anything. So Brandon threw out the name Durham...he knew I wouldn't go for Duke (that's what you name a dog!) and Mike (1st name) Kryzweski (middle name) would be a bit too much. So one day he threw out the name Durham (as in Durham, NC where Duke is located...by the way, we visited there last summer and it is a beautiful town/campus). I shot him down right away...heavens no...who would name their kid after a sports team?? Well, I guess after all, that's us! After a month or so, when we still were having no luck coming up with a boy's name, we revisited Durham. Yep, it grew on me. Yep, I really love it now. Nope, I wouldn't have it any other way. 
.jpg)
.jpg)

5 comments:
FYI - this is Durham's dad. Just so you know, Durham is not upset about wearing Duke stuff. He is a Cameron Crazy already. Before the picture, I told him that "G", Gerald Henderdson, hired an agent and would not be back to Duke next year. You can see in the last picture that he is crying AND showing the number 3 in his right hand. He's crying because Gerald only stayed for 3 years. He wanted him to stay for 4 years.
Just wanted to set the record straight. :)
The look on his face is hilarious! I don't think he's too happy about wearing that Duke outfit, Brandon! Is he going to make the same face when you put a Cubs jersey on him too???
Ha!! I just washed his new little Cubs outfit...will have to see how that will go over with him. I'll have the camera ready!! He's got Cubs blood running through his veins, so I'm sure he'll love it!
There is nothing wrong with using a sport or sports team to name your child! Look at Grady Sanderson Raymond....he's named after Grady Sizemore from the Cleveland Indians (I just thought his name was cool and different) and Derek Sanderson Jeter (who is my favorite baseball player). If Yankee would have made a cute boys name I would have considered it!
I was reading your twitter about Camden seeing the "beer truck" and I think Grandpa Joe would be proud! ha ha!!
Post a Comment