14 weeks down, 26 to go!
Even with 3 prior pregnancies, nobody could have prepared me for the 1st trimester of this pregnancy.
I guess I should start with things that weren't too bad.
*No real morning sickness. Only dry heaved 1 time and nauseous a little here and there!
*I could/and still sort of can squeeze into my "normal" clothes...although now I'm wearing my "fat" clothes I had been saving in case I gained weight after a 25 lb. (thank you Weight Watchers!) weight loss.
*We got to see the baby during 3 separate sonograms.
The real kicker though--the tiredness! I really felt like a walking zombie for the past however many weeks. Now, I did have a few weeks time frame with each prior pregnancy that I went through the tired spell, but not like this one. Most of you who know me know that I love to stay up late...uh, that isn't even in my vocabulary anymore. I'm pretty much in bed between 8:30-9:00 every night, including Fridays and Saturdays...sad, I tell you. I had even been too exhausted to shop...yes, shop! That seemed more like a huge chore to me than a day of fun.
I'm hoping to have turned the corner. I actually went to the grocery store 2 times this weekend and actually cooked dinner 2 times over the weekend (2 tasks which I had little energy to do before). I can chalk up all the fat that has accumulated on my butt the past 3 months to McDonald's, Dairy Queen, and any pizza establishment in Pontiac! Ugh! I stayed up until past 11:00 last night and still don't feel a need to take a nap yet today...yeah! Oh yeah, and I have a shopping trip planned with some girl friends this coming weekend and I'm so relieved that I'll actually feel up to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
From Dawn:
Woo Hoo!!! Glad you're feeling better! Let the shopping begin! Can't wait!
Post a Comment