Sunday, July 20, 2008

4th of July in Milwaukee

We had the pleasure of making our 2nd annual trip to Brad and Mindy's for the fireworks on the 3rd and the parade on the 4th of July. Other than being terribly cold, we had a great time. We headed down to the lake and had a little picnic on Thursday evening. We spent the next hour or so all huddled under 1 blanket! Did I mention is was quite cold? Milwaukee puts on quite the sha'bang! (Is sha'bang a word? Probably not, but I like it!) There were fireworks going off all around us at 3 different locations. Pretty cool!

Here's the only firework picture that turned out!


A little out of order...but here's a picture of the cousins (l-r: Jordyn, Camden, Elsa, Kye & Max) in their red, white & blue garb. This was taken on the 4th, right before we hopped in the car to head for home.

Waiting and amusing ourselves before the fireworks started. Little did Jordyn and Elsa know that we would all be sharing this blanket a little while later!

Here they are...the host & hostess...Brad & Mindy.

I think the fireworks were going on about the time this picture was taken.

More pictures to come of the parade! Here's what you can look forward to...camels, clowns, motorcycles, men on stilts, dancing grannies...did I just say dancing grannies? The curiosity will kill you until I reveal the dancing grannies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great family shots! I'm especially jealous of the fireworks shot (not a family one). Without a tripod? Thanks for posting.

Love, Dad :)

Brooke said...

Nope, no tripod...Brandon was manning the camera and took about 50 pics of the fireworks. This was the only pic that looked like a firework. The others just looked like smoke. I then saturated the color a little in Photoshop. That's it!