Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Saving $$ Follow Up

This is impressive and an example of how you sometimes buy things you don't necessarily need (you can always donate them) to make money or break even...tonight Becky and I went to Wal Greens. Using coupons, she spent $2.00 and some change and got:

6 boxes of Benefiber sticks
1 Olay Quench lotion
1 Olay body wash
**Note: Before coupons, the total for the above hovered around $60!!

Total: $2.00 & some change
She received $10 in register rewards (FREE Wal Greens $$) and will submit a rebate to recover the cost of the Quench lotion which was $7.99. This deal was a MONEYMAKER...she just made $17 (in the form of register rewards and a cash rebate!!) Way to go Becky!!

My order was the same as Becky's but I also picked up 2 pkgs. of Chips Ahoy. Before coupons, my total was $65.
I paid $7.85.
I got back $12 in register rewards & will also submit the rebate for the lotion ($7.99 cash back!) My deal was also a MONEYMAKER. After rebate I will have paid 10 CENTS for my purchase and made out with $12 in Register Rewards!!

I am going back tomorrow to score some FREE shampoo and cheap, cheap, (I'll say it again...) cheap diapers!!

No comments: