My friend, Becky, and I have embarked on a money saving mission. In the past 6 months, here are some of the ways we have found to save money, get things FREE, and possibly even MAKE money! This is too good to keep to keep a secret...so here it goes...
1. Price match competitors ads at Wal Mart & Target. This past week, I saved $42 in price matching. I typically price match milk, bread, produce, meat, canned goods, yogurt, baby products, soda, cleaning and laundry supplies.
2. Coupons~ I also saved $24 in coupons at Wal Mart last week & an ungodly amount at Wal Greens this past week...although I wasn't keeping track, so I can't even give you a guess. Becky and I just bought the cutest little coupon organizers this past week. Click HERE and HERE to check them out. (Oh, and we saved money on shipping just by placing our order together!!)
3. Stock up when things are on sale. This past week, I bought 5 boxes of granola bars because they were $1/box (plus I had this cool coupon..."buy 5 boxes get $3 off."). I paid $2 for 5 boxes of Quaker Granola Bars! Score!
4. Rebates~ Yes, sometimes they are a pain and you have to pay for the product up front, but it's worth it. I bought 9 cleaning items (2 bottles of Windex, 2 cans of Scrubbing Bubbles, 2 cans of Pledge, 1 bottle of some earth friendly Scrubbing Bubbles, 2 boxes of Ziploc baggies). I did use coupons for every single item & paid a total of $20 up front. I submitted a rebate and will get $15 back. So, in the end, I will have only paid $5 for these 9 items!
5. Wal Greens Register Rewards~This is kind of complicated so click HERE for the low down. I haven't paid for toothpaste in who knows how long. Get all kinds of things FREE just by clipping a few coupons and using Register Rewards.
6. Let someone else do the homework for you. There are all kinds of money saving blogs out there. These gals take their job seriously and offer up the best deals from all the major stores. They also link out to great coupon sites and fill you in on the latest rebates.
Here are a few of my favorite $$ saving blogs. Click on the blog name and you should be on your way to there site!:
My Frugal Adventures
Money Saving Madness
Common Sense with Money
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're going to have to change your blog name to go along with the other money saving bloggers. How about Penny Pinchin' in Pontiac? The Walgreen's Thief (that would be what John would suggest)? I'm not feeling very creative right now. I'll be sure to let you know what else I come up with.
Post a Comment