Friday, June 27, 2008

Kye's Room Revealed

Well, after 3 long months, Kye's room is officially revealed. We started over spring break scraping woodwork and painting. It turned into a disaster when the light gray paint looked baby blue and the dark gray paint we picked for the woodwork looked army green. Ugh! No home improvement project goes smoothly for us, so why did we think a little painting would too? Anyways, we ended up changing our color scheme (to some color with the word chocolate in it...you cannot go wrong with that!) and hired a painter. So here's his room.

Here's a peek at Kye's bulletin board. That yellow thing hanging on the side is a duck noise maker and it's really loud.

This here is where he sleeps. Did you know Kye rolls out of his bed at least once per week? It's not surprising to hear a thud in the middle of the night. I'm always awakened and ask Brandon, "What was that?" He just says, "That's Kye, dear. Now go back to sleep."

This here is Kye's dresser. Thank goodness I closed that top drawer you see there before I took this picture. It's full of undies! This is the cleanest I've seen the top of his dresser in months.


This here picture was taken by Uncle Brett when they went to the Cubs game last June. Kye stuffed himself so silly at that game that his stomach was a bit upset on the way home. It was worth it...Cubs won!


This here thing on the wall is called a Fat Head. They are pretty neat. It's a big sticker that you slap up on your wall. They claim you can peel it off and it won't hurt your wall (or paint). You can always take them down and put them up again.



And last, but not least, is the Cubs pennant that Grandma & Grandpa got Kye for his birthday. I nailed it up on the wall last week. I didn't like how it looked, so I took it down and nailed it back up in a different spot. Don't tell anyone, but there are 3 extra holes in the wall. Sshhhh...

No comments: