This afternoon Camden and I went to the mall for a bit. He was his usual social self, saying hello to everyone we passed. Pretty soon he started to say "hi" to every mannequin that we passed. This cracked me up, as his daddy does the same thing just to get a rise out of me. Like father, like son I suppose.
So this leads me to another encounter with a mannequin. At the end of last summer, my friend Cari and I went up to the Encore Shop (a local thrift store). I was on a mission to find a few particular items and was pleasantly surprised when we got up to the door and it said "Bag Sale." Basically what that means is that everything you can fit into 1 shopping bag = $1. So Cari and I set out on our shopping spree. I had 2 bags filled to the brim in no time. Just as I was heading to the checkout, I saw on a mannequin a really cute outfit that might just fit Jordyn. So I set my bags down and started to undress the mannequin right there in the middle of the store. I should have know this was not going to be a good experience when the mannequin's arm fell off. Oops! After I wrestled this mannequin for a bit, a nice young worker came to my aid. My job then was to hold this mannequin while she undressed her. Unfortunately the mannequin did not cooperate so I had to wrestle her a bit more. Pretty soon, I had her wiry, blonde hair in my mouth. As I was brushing it away from my face, her wig fell off, revealing a HUGE hole in her forehead. Poor thing. About this time, I was laughing uncontrollably and was about ready to pee my pants. Soon enough though, I had the mannequin's outfit in tow. So you're asking yourself, was it worth all the trouble? Honestly, no. Jordyn hated the outfit and it didn't really fit. But I walked away from the experience with some great memories of shopping at our local thrift store.
I will never look at a mannequin the same way ever again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment