Update (1/11/08): Flood waters, for the most part have receded. Our sump pumps never quit working, so just a trickle of water made it's way into our basement. We haven't had school since Tuesday, as Washington School had 6" of water throughout. Cleaning crews are working around the clock and are making great progress at the school. Staff returns Monday to put things back and students return on Tuesday. Visit The Pantagraph.com for full coverage. Check their photos out...it's unbelievable, yet so devastating.
As many of you know, the Vermilion River that runs through Pontiac is flooding. We took a drive around town this morning and it's pretty devastating. Water is everywhere! School was cancelled for today and tomorrow. The school I work at is flooded. I tried to drive by there this morning, but could only get a block away before I came up to barricades. As for us here at the homestead...there is little water in our basement. The sump pump has been working like crazy and is starting to sound a little sickly. Lord, please allow it to hang in there during the next few days! The water from the river has hit houses and roads 1 block to the north of us and 1 block to the south of us. As of now, our street is not flooded. I'm a bit worried as I watch the water on the street to the south of us creep towards us.
Here are some pictures. They don't do this disaster much justice, but I thought I'd share anyway.
Water coming up the streets 1 block south
Church in the background flooded

No comments:
Post a Comment