Friday, May 28, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned This School Year

1. Going back to work after having baby #4 was hard. It may take me all summer to catch up with things around the house. And that laundry crawling up the walls...oh dear!

2. Getting pneumonia after the 3rd week of school is not cool. I would not recommend it. I felt like I spent the rest of the year playing catch up.

3. Not all 2nd/3rd graders are fully potty trained!

4. 2nd and 3rd graders like to color.

5. My 2nd graders liked to hold my hand and needed help tying shoes. Bring on the Purell!!

6. I had more IEP meetings this year than I may have had in the previous 2 school years.

7. Even though I resisted changing schools and grade levels, it all turned out okay.

8. I got to work with some people that I have for years and got to work with some people who I didn't know at all. I made some fun friends this school year.

9. I worked with some of the greatest parents this year.

10. When you raise the bar, the kids usually rise to those expectations.

No comments: