Then there's me...I'm not even sure where to start. I was soooo nervous. I mean I was meeting a celebrity and all. I sat down and PW started to sign my books. She was soooo sweet. The first thing she said to me was, "Love your hair." What did I do? I felt like Ralphie in the Christmas Story when he meets Santa. (Click HERE to refresh your memory.) I froze. I kept saying "thank you" with this silly grin on my face. What I should have said was, "Thanks...I printed a picture off of YOUR website and took it to my hair dresser! I wanted my haircut to look just like your friend's!" Oh, and the sweat...as soon as she started to talk to me, my face got hot and I felt sweat dripping off of my forehead and start running down my back. And then it was over...so my chance to impress PW was overshadowed by a silly grin and drippy sweat.
Our night was topped off by meeting the Marlboro Man. He was nice as could be. I won't tell you who shoved me out of the way just so she could touch him (hint: red argyle sweater!). He was everything and more than we expected...except maybe Becky. I think we made her blush when we were talking about him. And since this is a family friendly site, I can't tell you what we said about him. The night was perfect. Standing in line for several hours wasn't ideal but we entertained ourselves, got to know one another better than we thought we already did, and made some great memories. Plus we got to meet PW and the Marlboro Man.

3 comments:
From Dawn:
Best. night. EVER! :)
Great post! Did I miss the pictures of the annoying people :)?
Thanks! I so enjoyed reading your account of meeting Ree.I would have been nervous and sweaty too if I met her! Alas,I don't live anywhere near any of her book signing stops, so it will never happen.
Post a Comment