Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School...Back to Work

Well, I am happy to say the first week of school is under our belts...thank goodness! There is something to say about the smell of new erasers, the brand new box of Crayola crayons, and shoving the Kleenex box (which doesn't really fit) into the book bag for the journey to the first day of school. Here's a family update...Jordyn is a big jr. high schooler this year. Where did the time go? Kye's in 5th grade, right across the hall from me. I'll be in his classroom from time to time...so that will be kind of neat.

Yep, I took this on the REAL, first day of school. Sometimes I forget and a few days later we pretend it's the first day just so I can get the picture. Jordyn wasn't going to smile until I told her I was posting this on our blog. This was the best she could do. Kye's smiling because we weren't going to be late. He has some issues about being places on time and not a minute late. Unfortunately, he inherited a mother who is ALWAYS 7 minutes late to everything.
Since this was my first week back, I thought I'd better show you my school bag. Nope, this was not taken on the first day of school. If I would have known the first week of school was going to be...well...um....you know...a bit stressful, I would have been prepared last Monday. But this is what's in my school bag...125 pieces of fun size chocolates. I was feeling thatI needed a little bit of positive reinforcement, so here ya have it. Oh and by the way...to my fellow co-workers. Yes, I will share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you'll share. Before I read the whole post and saw the picture of the bag, I thought you were hiding it from us last week :).

Brooke said...

Ha! We'll see if chocolate does the trick this week. If not, we may need to be onto bigger and better things!

Anonymous said...

from Dawn:

We have bigger things planned, but for now, the chocolate will have to do! Thanks for being the supplier this year! :)