Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ha! What Were We Thinking??

Today I am laughing...yesterday I was not. Actually I was feeling a bit disappointed. Brandon and I really thought we might be ready to build a house. Long story short...the opportunity fell into our laps about a week ago. We would have broken ground this summer and the construction would have taken place over the course of 2 years (yes...I said 2 years!! A vocational class at the high school builds houses and the process takes 2 years). We spent the weekend looking at house plans, had our lot picked out and then.........we went to the bank! Oh my! It costs a whole lot to build a house (even with free labor from the high school students and a tax break on the materials). There would have been no room for error in terms of sticking to our budget. So we aren't gamblers and decided it's not the right time for us.

So now that we know we'll be sticking around in our humble little house for another few years...we are excited to spruce it up a little bit more.

No comments: