Getting a family picture is challenging. It is something I put off until I can no longer avoid it. I dread everything about it: getting the children's outfits semi-coordinated, ridding them of their fake smiles, making sure everyone is looking at the camera, trying to get one 3 year old to stay put...
This year, there are many Christmas card rejects. This, however, is my favorite. This picture pretty much sums up our life right now. As hard as it has been for me this school year adjusting to our new normal with Durham, going back to work, running kids to and from sports, etc., I am slowly adopting the motto "It is what it is, I am doing the best that I can...and that it ok." And somewhere along the way, we find time to let loose and have fun.

3 comments:
I personally love this picture and think it should have been the christmas card picture! Will you put these on shutterfly?? Too cute!
From Dawn:
This is a great picture! I like your new mantra! :)
There's no doubt that in this picture that all were being spontaneous. Makes for a good photo recipe.
GPa
Post a Comment