Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Muffin Top

Sorry about not posting for 2 whole weeks...yeah, yeah...you've heard it before...busy, busy, busy. Isn't everyone? Now on to my story...

Have you ever heard me say how much I hate Fall? Yep...hate it, in all it's beautiful, leaves changing color, sweat shirt and jean wearing glory! Here's why: You see, I don't really have a fall wardrobe. I stand in front of my closet each night and try to put something somewhat cohesive together to wear to work the next day. Sometimes I look like a clown. I hate freezing my butt off in the morning and then feeling as though I am going through menopause in the afternoon. So where am I going with this???

Well, after assessing my wardrobe, I found that some of my pants were getting just snug enough to create the Muffin Top effect. Nice, huh? Wanting to make the most out of my not so abundant, slightly snugish pants, I waltzed out to the Wal Mart last night and bought this contraption that claimed that it would smooth the tummy and hip areas...somewhat like a girdle, minus the underwear part. It kind of looked like a big belt that you wore across your mid section. Just what I was looking for! I put it on this morning under my sweater and thought "hmmm...not too bad, not too uncomfortable and man...not too much Muffin Top." As the day went on, this contraption was squeezing me so hard that I thought I wasn't going to be able to breathe. During my plan time, I contemplated getting the scissors out and cutting it right off of me. Never again will I endure pain to make the Muffin Top go away!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

haha next time you'll know to just let it all hang out!
good story, i might add. almost shot pop out of my nose...almost.